Are you having trouble losing weight? If so, you certainly aren’t alone. There are millions of Americans out there who are having trouble getting rid of unwanted pounds. When diet and exercise just aren’t cutting it, it may be time to turn to a qualified medical professional to find out what’s going on, why you’re having trouble losing weight and how to effectively address these problems areas. Here at The Body Connection, we take a functional medicine approach to providing you with the comprehensive tools, education and care you need to finally help you maintain a healthy weight.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to weight loss
It’s important to recognize that what works well for one person when it comes to losing weight won’t necessarily help everyone. The key is being able to determine what will work for you. This is where our team of physicians comes in.
Dr. Albertina Logan is trained to provide nutritional counseling and support, as well as chiropractic care with a functional medicine approach to be able to personalize your dietary and weight loss plan. Functional medicine takes a whole-body approach, pinpointing the factors that could be contributing to your weight gain including,
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Nutritional imbalances
- Imbalances of the gut microbe
- Inflammation caused by mold, poor diet, environmental toxins, food allergens and certain viruses (we offer food sensitivity testing to measure inflammation in the body caused by more than 320 different problem areas including chemicals, food additives and pharmaceuticals)
Weight gain may also be caused by stress or underlying emotional issues. Since there are many reasons why you may be dealing with weight loss resistance, it’s our job as your health and wellness team to find the root cause (or causes) and implement successful strategies to finally help you lose weight.
A chiropractor may not be the first type of medical professional you would turn to for weight loss; however, chiropractic care may be able to assist with,
- Reducing stress and anxiety through regular adjustments, which can contribute to weight gain
- Easing tension, back pain and other aches and pains that may prevent you from working out regularly
- Providing nutritional guidance and advice
- Improving neural pathways through regular spinal adjustments, which can also improve metabolic function and how neural pathways including eating cues and hunger function
If you are struggling to lose weight, we are here to help. To schedule a weight loss consultation with Dr. Logan and the wellness team at The Body Connection, call our Oakbrook Terrace, IL, office at (630) 705-1475.